Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.0
Updating malware signatures
- On the Main tab, click.The Signatures Update screen appears.
- If you want the BIG-IP system to automatically update signatures if it determines that an update is available during the daily check, select theEnabledcheck box for theUpdate Automaticallysetting.
- If you want to retain the current update setting, click theSave Settingsbutton.
- If you setUpdate AutomaticallytoEnabled, you are finished configuring signature updates and do not need to perform any of the following steps.
- If you setUpdate AutomaticallytoEnabled, the Delivery Mode setting is irrelevant and is not displayed.
- If you did not set theUpdate Automaticallysetting toEnabled, choose one of the following delivery modes:
The default setting for Delivery Mode isAutomatic. Setting Delivery Mode toManualis a temporary setting and only valid as long as you are in the update screen. When you leave the update screen, Delivery Mode reverts back toAutomatic.
- SelectAutomaticif you want to download and install a signatures update file from the Update server if it is available.
- SelectManualif you want to update signatures by uploading a signatures update file received from F5 support (not from the Update server).
- If you set Delivery Mode toManual, in theUpload Filefield upload the image file received from F5 support by clicking on the browse button and selecting the file. This option appears only if Delivery Mode is set toManual.
- If you received a notification that updates are available or have uploaded a signatures update file that you received from F5, click theInstall Updatesbutton to install the update.After a signatures update has been installed, it takes a few minutes for the update to be applied.
- In addition to the notice that you will receive if the daily update check determines that an update is available, you can also check for available updates by clicking theCheck for Signature Updatesbutton.This button is useful in the case where a new update has become available after the daily check was performed. If you click this button and an update is available, you will receive a notification.