Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Deploying Applications to Your Devices
Create and deploy an application
- At the top of the screen, clickApplicationsthen, on the left, clickAPPLICATIONS.About halfway down the screen, the list of applications currently defined on this device displays.
- ClickCreate.The Create Application screen opens.
- Use theNameandDescriptionfields to identify this application.
- ForTraffic Service Environment, selectService Scaling Groupand then select the name of the service scaling group (SSG) to which you want to deploy this application service.
- Determine the objects that you want to deploy in this application.
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
- For each object that you decide to include in the application, revise the settings that you need to change.When you specify values for fields that reference other configuration objects, you can select objects that already exist in BIG-IQ configuration. But you can also specify objects that are created when this application is deployed. These objects that don't yet exist in BIG-IQ configuration, but are created when this application is deployed are prefixed with a pound sign (#). For example, a template could define a poolMyPool1and a node22.214.171.124. To specify the application-created object, you select the value prefixed with a pound sign (#) when you select the value for that node. (That option would appear as#126.96.36.199in the example cited here.
- When you have configured the objects that you want to include in this application, clickCreate.BIG-IQ creates the application and deploys it to the target you specified.When the deployment completes, BIG-IQ creates an endpoint for this application. To confirm that your deployment is successful, you can browse to that endpoint. The naming convention for the endpoint uses the name of your SSG, the name of your application, and the location to which you deployed it. Use the following syntax to determine the endpoint URL:<SSG name>-<Application Name>.<environment location>.cloudapp.azure.com