Manual Chapter : Upgrading BIG-IP VE Devices in a VMware Service Scaling Group
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Upgrading BIG-IP VE Devices in a VMware Service Scaling Group
Upgrades for BIG-IP VE devices in an SSG
From BIG-IQ, you can quickly upgrade BIG-IP VE devices in an SSG. When you perform this process, BIG-IQ upgrades the BIG-IP virtual machines in the SSG using the software image identified in the environment specified for this SSG.
Upgrade BIG-IP VE devices in a VMware scaling service
Before you can upgrade the VE devices in your service scaling group:
- Use the new software image from F5 to create a new virtual machine in your VMware cloud.
- Update theVM Imagespecified in the VMware environment that you use for this SSG.
Upgrade the BIG-IP VE devices in your scaling service group, so they're running the most recent version.
- At the top of the screen, clickApplications.
- On the left, click.
- Select the SSG, by clicking its name.
- ClickCONFIGURATIONtowards the middle of the screen.
- On the left, clickDevices.
- Select the check box next to the devices you want to upgrade, and click theReplacebutton.The BIG-IQ upgrades the devices in this SSG using the VM image in the VMware environment that you use for this SSG.