Manual Chapter : Add and activate a purchased license pool on a BIG-IQ not connected to the internet (manual method)
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Add and activate a purchased license pool on a BIG-IQ not connected to the internet (manual method)
To add and activate a license, you must have a base registration key. You get your key from F5 Networks, typically in the form of an email. If you do not have a base registration key, contact the F5 Networks sales group (
Activate a pool license and make it available for assignment to BIG-IP VEs in your network. If BIG-IQ Centralized Management system is not connected to the public internet, you can use this procedure for activation, rather than automatically contacting the F5 license server.
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- On the left, click.
- Click theAdd Licensebutton.
- In theLicense Namefield, type a name to identify this license.
- In theBase Registration Keyfield, type or paste the registration key, and into theAdd-on Keysfield, type or paste any associated add-on keys.
- ForActivation Method, selectManualand click theGet Dossierbutton.The BIG-IQ system refreshes and displays the dossier in theDevice Dossierfield.
- Select and copy the text displayed inDevice Dossier.
- Click theAccess F5 manual activation web portallink.The F5 Product Licensing site opens.
- Click theActivate Licenselink.
- Paste the dossier into theEnter Your Dossierbox and click theNextbutton.
- Review the EULA, and if you agree with the terms, click theAcceptbutton at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the license and copy and paste it into theLicense Textbox.
- Click theActivatebutton at the bottom of the screen.
If a license or offering fails to activate, the license displays with a yellow triangle next to it in the list. You'll need to reactivate that license and its offerings. For individual offerings, you can add an optional description for identification after activation.