Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.2.0, 8.1.0
BIG-IQ Solution Setup and Configuration Overview
- Menu FinderTo quickly locate a particular menu item, click the grid icon in the left corner of the screen and type a term in the field. This search is a simple text search. BIG-IQ displays links to all screens and on line help that contains that term anywhere in the string.
- Customized system user preferencesYou can specify the amount of time that passes before BIG-IQ logs you out when the system is idle, what default screen displays when you log back in, or change your password by clicking the arrow at the upper-right corner of the screen and selectUser Preferences.
- Global search, related content, and preview paneBIG-IQ has a robust and interactive global search feature that allows you to easily find a specific content and related content. From any screen, you can click the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and type a search string. Search results are grouped by content type. From the results, you can click an object to go directly to that object's properties screen in BIG-IQ.
- Product documentation, F5 modules for Ansible, and online helpTo access BIG-IP, API, Ansible documentation, and F5 modules for Ansible, click the book icon in the upper-right corner of any screen.
- Online helpTo view the context-sensitive online help, click the question mark in the upper-right corner on any screen.
- FiltersFor each screen that contains a list, you can use a context-sensitive filter to search on a term, and then narrow your search further to view only those items that are relevant to you at the moment. For example, say you wanted to see local traffic and network audit logs. You can use the search on local traffic, and further refine what is displayed by filtering again on network audit logs.
- Customized log in screenTo customize your log in screen for users (for example, if you want to provide special guidance or make sure all users see a certain message), you can navigate to, click theEditbutton and type your message (up to 8,192 characters) in theCustom Login Messagefield.
- Flexible access to objects and configuration optionsFor some objects, you can view and edit settings that are located in other places in the user interface, without having to stop what you're doing and navigate to another part of BIG-IQ. For example, you could be editing a firewall policy and find an address list in the toolbox that you want to look at. Right there, you can click the address to access the details, and then view or edit it as you want.You can also configure some types of objects from different places in BIG-IQ, depending on what your user role is or what work flow you're in. For example, you can create an access group from the Configuration area of BIG-IQ, as well as from the Devices area. This makes it convenient for you to access during other tasks you're doing in different areas of BIG-IQ.
- Customizing and sorting columnsYou can customize the columns that display in each screen that has a list by clicking the gear icon at the top right side of the screen, next to the filter, hiding any information that isn't important to you. You can also rearrange columns by dragging and dropping them to a different location or sort objects by clicking the arrow at the top of a column. This helps you to focus on only those attributes that are relevant to you.
Overview of the BIG-IQ solution setup and configuration process
Documentation for each task
Analyze your needs and determine which components to include in your solution and what infrastructure configuration needs to be completed before you can start.
Planning a Centralized Management & Visibility Deploymenton
For an end-to-end workflow detailing how to deploy BIG-IQ as a license administrator for un-managed BIG-IP devices, refer to:
Deploy BIG-IQ to manage licenses for BIG-IP VE deviceson
Confirm that all infrastructure requirements are in place
Configuring the network subnets and port requirements often requires scheduling and close coordination with your IT staff.
For optimum performance, F5 makes the following maximum round trip latency recommendations:
License your primary and secondary BIG-IQ systems.
Install and License BIG-IQ Centralized Management in this guide.
Deploy your data collection device(s) (DCD) (optional).
Install BIG-IQ Data Collection Devices in this guide.
Set up your BIG-IQ
Set up your BIG-IQ DCD cluster.
Build the Data Collection Device Cluster in this guide.
Connect BIG-IP devices to your BIG-IQ DCD cluster.
Connect BIG-IP data logs to a Data Collection Device Cluster in this guide.
Set up analytics collection, monitor data, and navigate statistics reports and dashboards.
Statistics Monitoring Overview in this guide.
Set up disaster recovery scenarios.
Disaster Recovery Best Practices in this guide.