Manual Chapter : Repackaging Guidelines
Applies To:Show Versions
- 1.5.0, 1.4.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.0, 1.2.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.0
Platform repackaging overview
If it becomes necessary to transport the platform to another location or return it to F5, these guidelines will help ensure that you repackage the platform properly.
You can perform a disk erase operation to erase all sensitive data from storage drives (for example, solid-state drives and hard disk drives) before you return a platform to
F5. For more information, see
F5 Platforms: Essentialsat techdocs.f5.com/en-us/hw-platforms/f5-plat-hw-essentials.html.
Before returning any equipment, contact
F5to obtain a Service Order (SO) or Return Material Authorization (RMA) case number.
You must use shipping materials and packaging provided by
F5when repackaging the platform.
Be sure to keep a record of the tracking number and ship date. These will be needed to track lost shipments.
Do not include any cables, removable transceiver modules, or other peripheral items if you are returning the platform to
Repackage the platform
rSeriesplatforms must be shipped in F5-provided packaging.
- Disconnect the power cordor DC power terminalfrom the power supply units (PSUs).
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the chassis, and then remove any optical modules.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
- Remove all installation hardware from the chassis.
- Place the chassis onto the bottom foam in the shipping box.
- Place the top foam pieces into the slot on the bottom foam.
- Close and seal the shipping box.