Manual Chapter : Customizing the APM logon page
Applies To:Show Versions
- 11.5.10, 11.5.9, 11.5.8, 11.5.7, 11.5.6, 11.5.5, 11.5.4, 11.5.3, 11.5.2, 11.5.1
Overview: Customizing the logon page
Using the Customization tool, you can personalize your logon page with your organization's brand images and colors, and change the layout of the logon page screen. In this implementation, you change a header logo image on the logon page.
Customizing a logo on the logon screen
Customization is a trial-and-error process. For practice, you should create a new virtual server and access policy in Access Policy Manager (APM) before you start customizing your logon page.
With the Customization tool, you can personalize and localize page layout, colors, images, and messages for the BIG-IP APM browser pages.
- In your web browser address bar, type the IP address of the BIG-IP system with which you are working. The BIG-IP system logon page opens.
- Right click the logon page. The browser shortcut menu opens.
- Click Inspect Element. The Inspect Element option might appear as a different name in different browsers (such as, View Source). A window displaying the HTML code of the web page opens.
- Hover your cursor over a line of HTML code. You can see the exact HTML code that matches the icons, text, entry fields, and buttons that appear on the UI. The tag ID displays the type of the object on the UI, such as a header or a banner.
- On the logon page, in the Username and Password fields, type your user name and password, and click Log in.
- On the Main tab, click The Customization Quick Start screen opens. .
- From the View list, select Advanced Customization.
- On the Branding tab, expand each item in the tree, Page Header Settings. The access profile for your configuration is unique. You can select the access profile that is relevant to the BIG-IP system. For other items in the Configuration utility besides the page header, use the HTML code to determine the correct tab and the access policy in the Customization screen. The Page Header Settings area opens. then click
- For the Header left image (Full Size) setting, click the file path of the image in the Value column, and in the resulting field, type the file path of the new image that you want to add.
- Click the Save button.
- On the Main tab, click The Access Profiles List screen opens. .
- Select the check box for the access policy that you customized.
- Click Apply Access Policy.
- Click Log Out. The logon page opens.
The header logo is now the new image that you uploaded in the Customization screen.