Applies To:Show Versions
About repackaging the platform
If it becomes necessary to transport the platform to another location or return it to F5® Networks, these guidelines will help ensure that you repackage the platform properly.
You can perform a disk erase operation to erase all sensitive data from storage drives (for example, solid-state drives and hard disk drives) before you return a platform to F5. For more information, see F5® Platforms: Essentials.
Repackage the platform
- Halt the platform using the LCD panel.
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the power supplies.
- Disconnect the network cables and other cables from the chassis, and then remove any optical modules.
- Remove the chassis from the rack.
- Remove all installation hardware from the chassis.
- Place the chassis onto the bottom foam in the shipping box.
- Place the top foam pieces into the slot on the bottom foam.
- Close and seal the shipping box.