Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Deploying Applications to your Devices
Deploying applications to the devices in a service scaling group
Using a service template created by your network engineer, you create and deploy the applications used by the auto-scaling BIG-IP VE devices in your cloud. When you create an application, you decide which objects to include and which settings to revise and then identify the service scaling group (SSG) to which you want it to deploy.
Create and deploy an application
At the top of the screen, click
Applications then, on the left, click
The screen displays the list of applications currently defined on this device.
The Create Application screen opens.
- For the Template, select the service template you want to use to create this application from.
- Use the Name and Description fields to identify this application.
For Environment, identify where you want the
application to deploy.
If you select then Select Service Scaling Group From Service Scaling Group select the name of the service scaling group to which you want to deploy this application. Select BIG-IP
- From BIG-IP select
the name of the device to which you want to deploy this
application.Important: If you deploy an application to a device that belongs to a sync-failover group, the devices in the group must be set to Auto-sync. Without Auto-sync, the application deploys to only one member of the group, which cripples the sync-failover group.
- To gather statistical data about the performance of this application on the device you deploy it to, select Collect HTTP Statistics.
- From BIG-IP select the name of the device to which you want to deploy this application.
Determine the objects that you want to deploy in
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
For each object you decide to include in
the application, revise the settings that you need to change.
Note: When you specify values for fields that reference other configuration objects, you can select objects that already exist in BIG-IQ configuration. But you can also specify objects that are created when this application is deployed. These objects that don't yet exist in BIG-IQ configuration, but are created when this application is deployed are prefixed with a pound sign (#). For example a template could define a pool MyPool1 and a node 18.104.22.168. To specify the application-created object, you select the value prefixed with a pound sign (#) when you select the value for that node. (That option would appear as #22.214.171.124 in the example cited here.
When you have configured the objects that you want
to include in this application, click Create.
BIG-IQ creates the application and deploys it to the target you specified.