Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Upgrading BIG-IP VE Devices in a VMware Service Scaling Group
Upgrades for BIG-IP VE devices in a VMware service scaling group
From BIG-IQ, you can quickly upgrade BIG-IP VE devices in an SSG. When you perform this process, BIG-IQ upgrades the BIG-IP virtual machines in the SSG using the software image identified in the VMware environment specified for this SSG.
Upgrade BIG-IP VE devices in a VMware scaling service group
- Use the new software image from F5 to create a new virtual machine in your VMware cloud.
- Update the VM Image specified in the VMware environment that you use for this SSG.
- At the top of the screen, click Applications.
- On the left, click .
- Select the SSG, by clicking its name.
- Click CONFIGURATION towards the middle of the screen.
- On the left, click Devices.
Select the check box next to the devices you want
to upgrade, and click the Replace button.
The BIG-IQ upgrades the devices in this SSG using the VM image in the VMware environment that you use for this SSG.