Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Managing GSLB Objects
How do I manage permissions for DNS GSLB objects?
F5® BIG-IQ® Centralized Management makes it straightforward for you to manage permissions that allow users to view GSLB objects only for the specific DNS GSLB objects you assign to them.
To provide permissions for a specific set of objects, you perform the following tasks.
- Add a custom resource group - In this task, you specify the GSLB objects that you want this user to work with. You create a resource group for each collection of objects that you want to assign to a user.
- Add a custom role - Next, you associate the GSLB Viewer role type with the resource groups that contain the objects you want your delegates to view. For example, if you had a resource group made up of two wide IPs, one named SeattlePrime and the other named SeattleSecond you might name this role viewSeattle.
- Add a custom user - Finally, you create a user and assign a custom role to that user. The role gives that user permissions to view the objects that belong to the objects in the resource group. In the previous example, you could assign your custom user to the viewSeattle role to give that user the ability to view the GSLB objects in the two Seattle wide IPs.
For step by step guidance on each of these tasks, refer to How do I give users customized permissions to specific BIG-IP resources based on their job responsibilities? on support.f5.com
View GSLB objects
- At the top of the screen, click Configuration.
On the left, click
, and then select the object type that you want to view.The screen displays a list of the selected object type that are defined on devices managed by this BIG-IQ system. For each object (except topology records or topology regions), icons describe the health status and availability.
To view overview information about a particular
object, select the check box for that object.
An overview panel and a related items panel display for this object.
To see a list of related items for a GSLB
- Select the check box for that object.
In the Related Items panel, click
You can view the list of related items; and, for many of the items, you can click on a link to view properties for that item.
To view the general properties for a GSLB object,
click the name of that object.
The screen displays the properties for the selected object.