Manual Chapter : Preparing to Upgrade a BIG-IQ System with a Data Collection Device Cluster
Applies To:Show Versions
Preparing to Upgrade a BIG-IQ System with a Data Collection Device Cluster
What are the pre-upgrade tasks?
Before beginning the upgrade of a BIG-IQ system with a DCD cluster, you need to:
- Download the latest version of the BIG-IQ software image from the F5 Downloads site.
- Upload the latest version of the BIG-IQ software image to the primary BIG-IQ.
Download the BIG-IQ software image from F5 Networks
Downloading a software image from F5 Networks is the first step to making it available to install on the BIG-IQ system.
- Log in to the F5 Downloads site, downloads.f5.com.
- Click the Find a Download button.
- Click the name of the product line.
- Click the product name, Centralized Management.
- Click the version number you want to download.
- Read the End User Software License agreement and click the I Accept button if you agree with the terms.
- Click the BIG-IQ version <version number> .iso file name that you want to download.
Click the name of the closest
geographical location to you.
The software image downloads to your local system.
The software image is now available for you to upload to your BIG-IQ system to make it available for this upgrade.
Upload the BIG-IQ software image
Before you can upload the software image to the BIG-IQ system, you must have first downloaded it from the F5 Downloads site, downloads.f5.com.
You upload the BIG-IQ version software image to the primary BIG-IQ system to make it available for this upgrade.
- At the top of the screen, click System.
- On the left click .
- Click the Upload Image button.
- Click the Choose File button and go to the location to which you downloaded the image, and click the Open button to upload it to BIG-IQ.