Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Completing Post-Upgrade Tasks
Add the secondary BIG-IQ system to the primary BIG-IQ system
- Log in to primary BIG-IQ system with your administrator user name and password.
- At the top of the screen, click System.
- On the left, click BIG-IQ HA.
- Click the Add Secondary button.
In the IP Address field, type the discovery address you
specified on the BIG-IQ system during setup.
This is the same IP address the peers in a high availability confirmation use to communicate.
- Type the administrative User name and Password for the system.
- Type the Root Password for the system.
- Click the Add button to add this device to this high availability configuration.
Even though you can log in to the secondary BIG-IQ after the you re-establish the HA configuration, the system continues some database re-indexing processes in the background. For larger configurations, that can take up to an hour. If you perform any searches on objects before it's done re-indexing, BIG-IQ might not return the expected results.
After the HA configuration is re-established, you'll be automatically logged out of the primary BIG-IQ system for a few minutes while the secondary BIG-IQ system restarts.
After the secondary system restarts, you can log back into the primary BIG-IQ system.
Upgrade BIG-IQ Version 5.4 applications
If you created applications using BIG-IQ version 5.4, you need to upgrade those applications to version 6.0 to enable the HTTP statistics collection and additional functionalities.
At the top of the screen, select
Applications, then on the left side of the screen
The selected application's screen opens.
At the right, bottom on the screen, click Upgrade.
The Upgrade 5.4 Application screen opens.
- Click Continue to upgrade the application.
Once the upgrade is complete, click the Navigate to evaluation link to
deploy the updated application.
You can also manually navigate toand select the upgrade evaluation name in the Evaluations area list.The View Evaluation screen opens.
From the Deployment area in the center of the screen,
click Deploy Now.
The upgraded application now appears in the Deployments area list of the Evaluate and Deploy - Local Traffic & Network screen.
To enable HTTP statistics collection, return to the
application properties screen,
. Note: After a successful upgrade, a Save button replaces the Upgrade button.
- Click the Properties button at the center, left side of the screen.
- Click CONFIGURATION at the center of the screen.
In the HTTP Statistics Collection area, click the Enable button.
Important: HTTP statistics collection is available only to applications that are managed by BIG-IP version 184.108.40.206 or later.
- Repeat this task for each application that needs upgrading.
What are my options for re-discovering and re-importing devices?
After you upgrade F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management, you must re-discover and re-import services for your managed devices so you can start managing those devices with the new features introduced in this release. You can do this in bulk, or you do it for each device and service individually.
- When you re-discover and re-import in bulk, all conflicts are resolved the in the same way.
- When you re-discover devices and re-import services manually, you specify how to resolve conflicts on an individual basis.
Re-discover and re-import services in bulk
- At the top of the screen, click Devices.
- Select the check box next to the devices for which you want to rediscover and reimport services.
- Click the More button and select Re-discover and Re-import.
- In the Name field, type a name for this task.
For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we
recommend you select Use
BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working
configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.
When you select Use BIG-IP to resolve conflicts, the BIG-IP device used to resolve those conflicts should appear last in the re-import list. If two or more BIG-IP devices contain the same object with different values, only the value in the last imported BIG-IP is used to resolve the conflict for all the BIG-IP devices.
To create a snapshot of the BIG-IQ configuration
before discovering and importing services, select the Snapshot check box.
Important: Clear this check box if you are adding devices that are in an access group you just created. If you don't, BIG-IQ won't be able to add the device(s).
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the screen.
Re-import and re-discover services individually
- At the top of the screen, click Devices.
- Click the name of the BIG-IP device you want to re-discover and re-import services for.
- On the left, click Service.
- Select the Create a snapshot of the current configuration before importing check box for each service you want a snapshot of.
Click the Re-discover button for each
service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.
BIG-IQ re-discovers the service.
- Click the Re-import button for each service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.
- For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we recommend you select Use BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.
Install the vCenter host root certificate on BIG-IQ after upgrading
- From the BIG-IQ system's command line, copy the root certificate from the vCenter host cert /etc/vmware-sso/key/ssoserverRoot.crt file to the BIG-IQ system's /config/ssl/ssl.crt file.
- Type this command to create a symbolic link to this certificate using the certificate's hash: ln -s ssoserverRoot.crt `openssl x509 -hash -noout -in ssoserverRoot.crt`.0.
- Type this command to restart gunicorn: bigstart restart gunicorn