Manual Chapter : What resources do I need if Im just collecting statistics
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
We’ve created a spreadsheet and a script to help you determine how many DCDs you need (and how much storage you need on each one) to handle the data generated by the BIG-IP devices you manage. You can download these tools from downloads.f5.com.
The spreadsheet uses metrics that you provide to calculate your resource requirements.
Using the sizing tools to estimate resources for statistics collection
The sizing tools uses metrics and a script that help you to calculate your resource requirements. To use the spreadsheet, you must first download it.
- Log in to downloads.f5.com.
- Navigate to BIG-IQ Centralized Management, v5.4.0, and click I Accept to accept the EULA.
After a brief pause, the Download Locations screen opens.
- Click a download location to start the download.
When the download completes, unzip the file.
Two files will extract:
- Open the spreadsheet to the Statistics DCD Sizing Tool tab, and type values that describe the environment, policies, and modules for which you want to collect statistics.
After you fill in all of the fields, the recommended number and configuration
of DCDs is calculated and displayed under Sizing Recommendation for DCD Nodes.
You can see the impact of your storage decisions by noting how the values under
Time Layer Calculations change when you enter different values.
The calculations performed for these elements are based on some assumptions. Bear these assumptions in mind as you complete the spreadsheet.
- The amount of device data increases marginally as you increase the number of CPUs and interfaces on your BIG-IP devices.
- The amount of pool and pool member data is based on an assumed average number of pool members per pool. For pools that have a larger than average number of pools, the amount of data increases as well.
- The spreadsheet assumes you have an average of 5 events per iRule. If your average number of events per iRule is lower, storage requirements go down; if your average is greater, storage requirements will increase.