Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
About virtual servers
On BIG-IP® devices, virtual servers can have security objects, such as DoS profiles, SSH profiles, or log profiles, attached to them.
The BIG-IQ® Centralized Management system can successfully discover only BIG-IP devices that are using supported profile types. If the system attempts to discover a BIG-IP device that is using an unsupported type of profile:
- You might see an invalid profile error during discovery.
- The BIG-IQ Centralized Management system does not successfully discover the BIG-IP device.
You create virtual servers using the ADC service and then use them from within Shared Security. Select ADC from the BIG-IQ menu and click Virtual Servers to create a virtual server.
Edit virtual servers
You can modify virtual servers within Shared Security to manage the DoS profiles, SSH profiles, and log profiles that might be part of a virtual server.
- Log in to the BIG-IQ® Centralized Management system with your user name and password.
- At the top left of the screen, select Network Security from the BIG-IQ menu.
- Click Shared Security from the top menu bar, and then from the list on the left, click Virtual Servers.
- On the Virtual Servers screen, click the name of the virtual server to edit.
On the Virtual Servers - virtual server name
screen, select the profile to use with the virtual server. Note that all other
properties cannot be changed.
Property Description DoS Profile Select the DoS profile to use. You define DoS profiles using the Shared Security DoS Profiles screen. SSH Profile Select the SSH profile to use. You define SSH profiles using the Shared Security SSH Profiles screen. Log Profiles Select the one or more log profiles to use. You define log profiles using the Shared Security Logging Profiles screen.
- Click Save & Close to save changes and return to the Virtual Servers screen.