Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
About bot signatures
You can create, modify, and delete only those bot signatures that are user-defined .
- To display the properties and modify them, if needed, click the name of a bot signature.
- To create a new user-defined bot signature, click Create.
- To delete a bot signature, select the check box to the left of the user-defined bot signature and click Delete.
- To see the properties displayed in a lower pane, select the check box to the left of a bot signature. In the Related Items area, you can click Show to see items related to this bot signature.
Create bot signatures
- Click .
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, type a name for the bot signature.
- In the Partition setting, the Common partition is listed and cannot be changed.
In the Domains setting, you can add or delete domains.
- To add a domain, in the Domain Name field, type the name and click Add.
- To delete a domain, select a domain from the list and click Delete.
- From the Category list, select the appropriate category for the bot signature.
In the Rule setting, create a rule for the bot signature
using either simple or advanced editing.
- Select Simple
Edit Mode to create a rule by supplying what content the
user agent and the URL should match.
- From the User-agent list, select the type of match, and then type the string to be matched in the user agent.
- From the URL list, select the type of match, and then type the string to be matched in the URL.
- Select the Advanced Edit Mode to create more complex rules, such as those containing multiple search strings or a conditional text match. You type the rule expression using Snort control syntax. Snort control syntax is explained fully in the BIG-IP Application Security Manager documentation.
- Select Simple Edit Mode to create a rule by supplying what content the user agent and the URL should match.
- From the Risk list, select the risk level associated with the bot signature.
- You see that User-defined is selected for any new or modified bot signature defined by the user.
- You see that the References setting is read-only and set to N/A.
- Save any changes.