Manual Chapter : Updating DDoS Hybrid Defender
Applies To:Show Versions
Updating DDoS Hybrid
Overview: Updating DDoS Hybrid Defender
Before upgrading DDoS Hybrid Defender, you must be running the appropriate version of the underlying system software as described in the associated DDoS release notes. As product updates for DDoS Hybrid Defender™ become available, you can download and install them after upgrading the system. The existing configuration is retained.
Downloading DDoS Hybrid Defender
You need to have upgraded the BIG-IP system to the appropriate version before you can update DDoS Hybrid Defender. The upgrade process is described in the DDoS release notes.
DDoS Hybrid Defender™ software updates are available from the F5 downloads web site. You need to download it locally so you can install it onto the DDoS Hybrid Defender system.
- Log in to the F5 Downloads site,https://downloads.f5.com, and click theFind a Downloadbutton.
- In the Security F5 Product Family, locate the DDoS Hybrid Defender software, and click it.
- Select the product version and clickDDoS_Hybrid_Defender.
- Read the End User Software License, and click theI Acceptbutton if you agree with the terms.
- Click thef5-ddos-hybrid-defenderrpmfile to download it.
- Click the closest geographical location, and save the file on your local system.The software package is downloaded onto your system.
- Optionally, you can download themd5file to verify the integrity of the rpm file.
The DDoS Hybrid Defender software package is now available on your local computer, and is ready for you to install onto the DDoS Hybrid Defender system. If setting up two systems for high availability, you should use the same package and install it on both systems.
Updating DDoS Hybrid Defender
You need to have downloaded the DDoS Hybrid Defender™ update from F5.
You can update DDoS Hybrid Defender after upgrading the system to the latest release. While some of the screens are already updated as a result of the system upgrade, this completes the DDoS Hybrid Defender update.
- Log in to DDoS Hybrid Defender with the administrator user name and password.The Welcome screen of the system is displayed.
- On the Main tab, click.The About screen opens and shows the version of the product that is running.
- In theFile Namesetting, clickChoose Fileand navigate to the DDoS Hybrid Defender update that you previously downloaded from F5, and clickOpen.
- ClickInstallbelow the File Name area.
- From theInstall Methodlist, selectChoose File, navigate to the DDoS Hybrid Defender update that you previously downloaded from F5, and clickInstall.
The DDoS Hybrid Defender update is installed, and the configuration from the previous version is preserved on the system.
Look over the configuration screens to see if there are new features that you want to use.