Manual Chapter : Creating and Scheduling Analytics reports
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Creating and Scheduling Analytics reports
Creating and scheduling Analytics reports
Export the Analytics data found in the dashboards found in the Monitoring tab and in the application service dashboards. This allows you to create an audit of your system's device health, traffic, application throughput, and protection events. You can schedule Analytics reports to be sent to one of more email addresses periodically.
Analytics data includes dashboards that receive traffic and service module statistics from Application Visibility and Reporting (AVR). The Access module and dashboards that are supplemented by AVR (e.g. L7 Dashboard, Bot Traffic Summary, and DDoS Protection Summary) are not eligible for statistics reports. For more information about Access reporting, see
Access Reporting and Statistics.
The reports that are available depend on the modules installed on your system, and how the system is configured. In the report, you can select which dimensions and metrics to export, and customize how often certain data is exported to PDF. Certain data, such as geomaps and top reported metric lists are not included in the report.
Create and export a statistics report
Statistics reports are only available to Analytics dashboards. If you do not have AVR provisioned on your managed BIG-IP devices, or you the dashboard's service module is not installed, your reports will not include data.
You must have administrative user access to schedule statistics reports.
Export the chart, dimension, and metric data from an analytics dashboard as a local PDF file.
Some Analytics dashboards contain geomaps and dashlets with top system information. This information is not included in the statistics report.
- Go toand select one of the Analytics dashboards.You can also create a statistics report for a application service analytics found in.
- ClickExport & Schedule Reportfrom the top right of the screen.
If you select the options in 2a or 2b, the system will immediately generate a PDF file which you can save using your local system settings.
- To generate a report that only includes data from expanded dimension widgets, selectCharts with user expanded dimension data.
- To generate a report that includes all dimension data, selectCharts with all expanded dimension data.
- To create a schedule that regularly exports statistics reports to an email list, selectSchedule.For more information about creating a reports schedule seeScheduling statistics reports.
Schedule statistics reports
To email statistics reports, you must configure an SMTP server. To configure and SMTP servers, go to. For more information, refer to
Configure BIG-IQ to Receive Event and Health Alerts from SNMP and SMTPat
You must have administrative access to schedule statistics reports.
Create a schedule that prompts the system to collect statistics report regularly. In addition, you can configure the scheduler to send reports to an email list.
- Go toand select one of the Analytics dashboards.You can also create a statistics report for an application service found in.
- ClickExport & Schedule Reportfrom the top right of the screen, and selectSchedule.The Create Scheduler screen displays settings.
- In theNamefield, enter a unique name to identify the purpose or service data contained in the report.You can optionally add more information about the report in theDetailsfield.
- In theEmailsfield, enter the email address(es) of the statistics report recipients.You can add multiple recipients using the icon.If you do not want the reports sent over email de-select the check box next toSend Email.
- To configure the report schedule, enter theStart DateandStart time.TheStart timeindicates the time in which the information is collected regularly.The start time and date must be later than the current time to create a schedule.
- Configure theEnd Datefor scheduled reporting.
- If you do not want to configure a regular report schedule, but want the report retained in the Schedules list, or you want to send a single report sent via email, de-select the check box next in theConfigure Schedulerfield.For more information about the schedule list, refer toReview reporting schedules and statuses.
- From theFrequencyfield, select how often you want the system to create statistics reports.
- From theRetention Policyfield, select the number of days you would like the system to save each statistics report before it is deleted.This field is required to create a report schedule.
The system will now generate, export and save statistics report according to your configured setting.
To view a full list of report schedules, go to.
Review reporting schedules and statuses
You must create a reporting schedule to manage reports.
Manage your statistics reporting schedules, or manually download reports currently saved on the system.
- Go to.The screen displays a list of report schedules. Reports that have completed their the date of their cycle are marked asExpiredin the End Date column.
- To modify a schedule's settings select the check box next to the schedule's row and clickEdit.The Edit Scheduler settings are displayed. Once you change the settings, clickSave & Closeto update the scheduler.
- To delete a reporting schedule, select the check box next to one or more schedule rows and clickDelete.To confirm the schedule and its filter metadata's deletion, clickDelete.
- To view a list of reports created by a schedule, and details of each report, click the name of the schedule.
- To remove a report the system ends its scheduled retention, select the check box next to one or more report rows and clickDelete.The report retention expiration date is shown in the Valid Until column.
- To download a PDF report to your local system, select the check box next to the report row and clickDownload.It is recommended to only download reports listed as COMPLETED under the Status column.