Applies To:Show Versions
Preparing to Upgrade Devices in Your DCD Cluster and the BIG-IQ with Minimal Downtime
Download the BIG-IQ software image from F5 Networks
- Log in to the F5 Downloads site, downloads.f5.com.
- Click the Find a Download button.
- Click the name of the product line.
- Click the product name, Centralized Management.
- Click the version number you want to download.
- Read the End User Software License agreement and click the I Accept button if you agree with the terms.
- Click the BIG-IQ version <version number> .iso file name that you want to download.
Click the name of the closest
geographical location to you.
The software image downloads to your local system.
Upload the BIG-IQ software image
You upload the BIG-IQ version software image to the primary BIG-IQ system to make it available for this upgrade.
- At the top of the screen, click System.
- On the left click .
- Click the Upload Image button.
- Click the Choose File button and go to the location to which you downloaded the image, and click the Open button to upload it to BIG-IQ.
Confirm that alerts and events can be sent to an alternative device in a Data Collection Device cluster if one goes off line
- Review the data routing configuration for all of the managed BIG-IP devices that send data to your DCD cluster. If you find a BIG-IP device that is configured to send data to only one device in a DCD cluster, change that configuration before proceeding. Refer to the BIG-IP device documentation on support.f5.com for details on how to configure the BIG-IP device for DCD cluster routing.
- Review the monitoring configuration for all of the managed BIG-IP devices that send data to your DCD cluster. Make sure that each BIG-IP device is configured to send data to an alternate device in the DCD cluster if another device goes offline. If you find a BIG-IP device that is not configured with appropriate monitors, change that configuration before proceeding. Refer to the BIG-IP device documentation on support.f5.com for details on how to configure BIG-IP monitors correctly.