Manual Chapter : Configure an NSH-aware service function of type Virtual
Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.1.0, 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.5, 14.1.4, 14.1.3, 14.1.2, 14.1.0, 14.0.1, 14.0.0
Configure an NSH-aware service function of type Virtual
Each SFF has some number of service functions (SF) associated with it. A
service functionis the service on a device that processes requests from, and sends responses to, an SFF in a service chain. You must associate a n NSH-aware service function of type Virtual with an SFF.
Unlike the other SFs in the sample configuration, this SF resides directly on its associated SFF.
- From the SFC controller menu on the left side of the screen, selectService Functions.
- In the upper left corner, clickCreate.The Create New Service Function screen opens.
- Type a unique name for the SF.In our sample configuration, this issf2-2.
- From theService Function Forwarderlist, select an SFF.In our sample configuration, this issff2.
- From theNSH Awarelist, selectYes.
- From theResource Typelist, selectVirtual.
- From theVirtual Serverlist, select the virtual server that you created as a prerequisite for this SF.
- ClickCreate.After you complete this step, the SFC controller propagates the SF configuration data you entered to the relevant SFF.
After completing this task, you have configured an NSH-aware SF of type Virtual. This is the second of the two NSH-aware SFs in the sample configuration.