Manual Chapter : Checking for repackaging of protected apps on mobile devices
Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.1.0, 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.0
Checking for repackaging of protected apps on mobile devices
Before checking for repackaging of protected apps on mobile devices, you should create a mobile security anti-fraud profile.
Check for repackaging of protected apps on mobile devices to protect customers using your app from fraud attacks.
- On the Main tab, click.The Anti-Fraud Profiles screen opens.
- In the Anti-Fraud Profiles screen, click the mobile security anti-fraud profile in the profiles list.The Anti-Fraud Profile Properties screen opens.
- In the Anti-Fraud Configuration area, clickMobile Security.The list of Mobile Security configuration options appear.
- In the list of Mobile Security configuration options, clickApplication Integrity.The Application Integrity configuration options appear.
- Select theCustomize Allcheck box.
- Ensure that theEnabledcheck box forApplication Integrityis selected.
- In the Android or iOS area, assign a value for theIntegrity Scoresetting (or use the default score of 100).If the Integrity Score is greater than the alert threshold and MobileSafe detects repackaging on a protected app, an alert is sent to the FPS Dashboard.
- ClickSave.If you are checking for repackaging on iOS devices, you have completed the configuration for applying app repacking detection.If you are checking for repackaging on Android devices, continue with the following steps:
- Perform a trial run of MobileSafe on a mobile device.An alert is sent to the FPS dashboard with the realApplication Signaturevalue.
- In the Application Signature field in the BIG-IP system, assign theApplication Signaturevalue that you received in the alert.
- ClickSave.App repacking detection is now active on your customers' Android devices.