Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
How do I manage the
objects that reside on managed devices?
Create a new iRule
Device Specific Objects
Certificates and Keys
- At the top of the screen, clickConfiguration, then, on the left, click .The screen displays the list of iRules defined on this device.If you select the check box for an iRule, you can either delete or view statistics for it. You can also view details about other configuration objects to which this iRule relates.
- ClickCreate.The New iRule screen opens.
- Type aName, for the iRule you are creating.
- If the device for which you are creating this iRule is in a silo as part of a conflict resolution work flow, select thatSilohere; otherwise, leave the default setting.For detailed work flows explaining how you can use a silo to resolve configuration object conflicts, refer toBIG-IQ: Resolving Device Object Conflictsonsupport.f5.com.
- ForPartition, type the name of the BIG-IP device partition on which you want to create the iRule.In the AS3 user interface, the BIG-IP device partition to which services deploy is referred to as thetenant. Do not deploy any objects to a partition that has been used to deploy AS3 application services using the Configuration tab. For additional detail about partitions and tenants, refer toAS3 tenant name detailsin theManaging BIG-IQ AS3 templatesarticle onsupport.f5.com
- For theBody, compose the script sequence that defines the iRule.For guidance on creating an iRule, consult (support.f5.com). You can search the site for iRules documentation that provides an overview of iRules, lists the basic elements that make up an iRule, and shows some examples of how to use iRules.
- ClickSave & Close.The system creates the new iRule with the settings you specified.
Attach iRules to virtual servers
- At the top of the screen, clickConfiguration, then, on the left, click .The screen displays the list of virtual servers defined on this device.If you select the check box for a virtual server, you can delete it, clone it, attach iRules to it, view statistics for it, or deploy it. You can also view details about other configuration objects to which this virtual server relates.
- Select the check boxes associated with the virtual servers to which you want to attach iRules.
- ClickAttach iRules, and then clickAttach iRulesagain to confirm.The Bulk Attach iRules screen opens.
- To specify which iRules to attach to the selected virtual servers, select them in theAvailable iRuleslist, and move them to theiRules to be Attachedlist.
- Specify the order in which you want the iRules to attach using the up and down arrows .
- ForLocation, specify the list position to attach these iRules.
- To add the rules to the beginning of the existing list, clickAttach to top of each virtual server's iRules list.
- To add the rules to the end of the existing list, clickAttach to bottom of each virtual server's iRules list.
- Use theDuplicate Policysetting to specify whether to keep the iRule list order for iRules that are already attached to the virtual servers.
- To keep the existing list order, clickKeep virtual servers' existing rules list order.
- To change the existing list order to what you specified previously, clickReorder virtual servers' existing rules to preserve selected rules order.
- ClickSave & Close.