Applies To:Show Versions
- 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Enforcing Bandwidth Control Provisioned by PCRF
Overview: Enforcing bandwidth control provisioned on PCRF
Creating a dynamic bandwidth control policy for PCRF
- On the Main tab, click.
- In theNamefield, type the namedynamic_spm_bwc_policy.
- In theMaximum Ratefield, type a number and select the unit of measure to indicate the total throughput allowed for the resource you are managing.The number must be in the range from1 Mbpsto1000 Gbps. This value is the amount of bandwidth available to all the connections going through this static policy.
- From theDynamiclist, selectEnabled.The screen displays additional settings.
- In theMaximum Rate Per Userfield, type a number and select the unit of measure.For example, use50Mbps.The number must be in the range from 1Mbps to 2Gbps. However, the value you use is just a place holder and is never used by the system. For this example, the value is overridden by the PCRF.
- Enable theMeasuresetting, if you want to measure bandwidth on all future instances of this bandwidth control policy.The system measures bandwidth with the frequency you specify in theLog Periodsetting, and sends it to the log publisher you specify using theLog Publishersetting.
- Leave theIP Marking (TOS/DSCP)andL2 Marking (802.1p)values set toPass Through, the default value.
- After you finish configuring the bandwidth controller, theBandwidth Controllersscreen opens.
- Click the Bandwidth Control policy name, that you configured.The Bandwidth Controllers policy page opens.
- In theCategoriesfield, add up to 32 categories of traffic that this bandwidth control policy manages.All the categories share the specified bandwidth, in accordance with the rate specified for each category.Use theCategoriessetting only if you have not set values for theIP Marking (TOS/DSCP)or theL2 Marking (802.1p)setting.
- In theCategory Namefield, type a descriptive name for the category.
- In theMax Category Ratefield, type a value to indicate the most bandwidth that this category of traffic can use, and select the unit of measure from the list, or select%and type a percentage from1to100.If you specify a rate, the number must be in the range from500 Kbpsto the rate specified for theMaximum Rate Per Usersetting. A percentage indicates that this category can use up to the specified percentage of the maximum per-user rate. These values are upper limits (not minimum or guaranteed), so the sum can exceed the value you specified for theMaximum Rate Per Usersetting.
- From theIP Marking (TOS/DSCP)list, selectSpecifyand type a number between0and63to assign a Type of Service (ToS) level to packets that exceed theMax Category Rate.If you do not want to set a ToS level, maintain the default setting,Pass Through.
- From theL2 Marking (802.1p)list, selectSpecifyand type a number between0and7to assign a Quality of Service (QoS) level to packets that exceed theMax Category Rate.If you do not want to set a QoS level, maintain the default setting,Pass Through.
Creating a listener for subscriber discovery and policy provisioning
- On the Main tab, click.The Control Plane Listeners page opens.
- In the Policy Provisioning and Online Charging Virtuals area, clickAdd.The New Configure Diameter Endpoint Provisioning and Online Charging screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the listener.
- In theDescriptionfield, type a description of the listener.
- For theVLANs and Tunnelssetting, move the VLANs and tunnels that you want to monitor from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.
- To connect to a PCRF, from theDiameter Endpointlist, selectEnabledand selectGxorSdfrom theSupported Appsoptions.
- In theProduct Namefield, type the product name which is used to communicate with the PCRF.
- In theOrigin Hostfield, type the fully qualified domain name of the PCRF or external policy server, for example,ocs.xnet.com.
- In theOrigin Realmfield, type the realm name or network in which the PCRF resides, for example,xnet.com.
- In theDestination Hostfield, type the destination host name of the PCRF or external policy server, for example,pcrfdest.net.com.
- In theDestination Realmfield, type the realm name or network of the PCRF, for example,net.com.
- For thePool Member Configurationsetting, add the PCRF servers that are to be members of the Gx endpoint pool. Type theMember IP AddressandPortnumber, then clickAdd.
- In theMessage Retransmit Delayfield, type the number of milliseconds to wait before retransmitting unanswered messages in case of failure from the BIG-IP system to the PCRF over the Gx interface. The default value is1500.
- In theMessage Max Retransmitfield, type the maximum number of times that messages can be retransmitted from the BIG-IP system to the PCRF. The default value is2.
- In theFatal Grace Timefield, type the time period in seconds that a diameter connection can remain disconnected before the system terminates all sessions associated with that diameter endpoint. The default value is500.
- ClickFinished.The Policy Enforcement Manager creates a listener.