Applies To:Show Versions
Preventing TCP Connection Requests From Being Dropped
Overview: TCP request queuing
- The maximum number of connection requests within the queue, which equates to the maximum number of connections within the pool, pool member, or node. Specifically, the maximum number of connection requests within the queue cannot exceed the cumulative total number of connections for each pool member or node. Any connection requests that exceed the capacity of the request queue are dropped.
- The availability of server connections for reuse. When a server connection becomes available for reuse, the next available connection request in the queue becomes dequeued, thus allowing additional connection requests to be queued.
- The expiration rate of connection requests within the queue. As queue entries expire, they are removed from the queue, thus allowing additional connection requests to be queued.
- The connection limit of the pool is increased.
- A pool member's slow ramp time limit permits a new connection to be made.
- The number of concurrent connections to the virtual server falls to less than the connection limit.
- The connection request within the queue expires.
Preventing TCP connection requests from being dropped
- On the Main tab, click.The Pool List screen opens.
- Click a pool name in the Pool List.
- From theConfigurationlist, selectAdvanced.
- In theEnable Request Queuinglist, selectYes.
- In theRequest Queue Depthfield, type the maximum number of connections allowed in the queue.If you type zero (0) or leave the field blank, the maximum number of queued connections is unlimited, constrained only by available memory.
- In theRequest Queue Timeoutfield, type the maximum number of milliseconds that a connection can remain queued.If you type zero (0) or leave the field blank, the maximum number of milliseconds is unlimited.
Enabling TCP enhanced loss
- On the Main tab, click.
- Click an existing profile or clickCreate.
- Scroll down to the Loss Detection and Recovery area, and select theCustomcheck box at the right.
- For theEnhanced Loss Recoverysetting, select the check box.